The Center for Cultural Power mobilizes artists to envision a world in which cultural, economic, and political power are distributed equitably and where all human beings can live in harmony with natureVISIT WEBSITE
- ISSUE AREA: Arts & Culture & Political Power
- ANNUAL OPERATING BUDGET: $12,589,392
- GEOGRAPHY: United States
- The vast majority of the Center’s funding comes from the social justice funding sector (75%).
- Their annual operating budget includes an $11 million grant from Mackenzie Scott, $8 million that they are dedicating to “constellations”, or individual movement-based artists ○ Before this grant, their budget size was $1.4 million
- They are expected to reach a budget of $24 million in the next 5 years.
- One of their goals is to move towards a membership model whereby individual donors and contributors will pay an annual fee to receive access to trainings and pedagogical content
- For the next 3-5 years, the organization is focused on telling more stories about climate change and stories that build BIPOC (Black, indigenous, and people of color) political power
- The Center is also building their consulting power, offering trainings and toolkits for government partners, social media, and Hollywood producers