We are horrified – but not surprised – to learn of the Supreme court’s decision to overturn Roe v Wade, striking down the ruling that enshrined the constitutional right to abortion.
Overturning the protection of a woman’s right to choose is about more than abortion — it’s about taking away a pivotal personal freedom and threatening to take away others. It is about the control of women and families, disproportionately impacting Women of Color and those living in poverty, deepening their disenfranchisement. It is a direct attack on the hard-won rights that have been vital to the health, wellbeing and progress of generations of women. At a time when the vast majority of Americans* understand the need for legal and safe abortion and a woman’s right to choose, the ruling is out of touch, subjegating and cruel.
We are committed to supporting organizations championing and defending women’s rights and reproductive rights. This is a moment for allyship – to recognize that this affects us all, as men, women, and all other gender identities. We must come together to take up the long fight for progress, equality and the protection of civil liberties once again.
* In 2020, AP VoteCast found that 69% of voters in the presidential election said the supreme court should leave the Roe v Wade decision as is; just 29% said the court should overturn the decision.
And to take action in support of Reproductive Justice, here are some powerful steps you can take now.
Donate, Volunteer, Advocate:
- Donate to the National Network of Abortion Funds.
- Donate to indie clinics via Keep Our Clinics.
- Volunteer as a clinic escort in your area.
- Volunteer virtually by helping to make sure digital abortion access data is up-to-date for the patients who need it.
- Demand your local representatives push for protected abortion access in your state.