Congratulations to our 2021 Elevate Prize winners! A tenacious group of leaders, visionaries, and activists on a mission to solve some of the world’s most critical challenges.
The prize: $300,000 in funding, expert tools, and support to amplify their impact — and inspire others to take action.
We were excited to tell them the good news … but not as excited as they were to hear it!
Judging this year’s prize was no easy task. With 1,237 applicants, there were so many people and organizations whose work impressed, motivated, and moved us.
Our 2021 Elevate Prize winners are:
Advancing equity in education:
- Broadcasting fun learning programs to more than 24.6 million households across Africa.
- Solving the communications gap between students, their families, and schools in under-resourced minority communities.
- Encouraging kids to find their inner superheroes.
- Building power and creating fairer cities.
- Helping incarcerated people stay in touch with their loved ones.
- Taking a stand for equality and equity; creating career pathways for homeless LGBTQ and transgender youth.
- Promoting the rights of artisans and local creative economies around the world.
Creating access to quality maternal and infant health:
- Designing affordable, world-class medical products.
- Using technology to train health workers, provide trustworthy information, and widen access.
Innovating sustainable food solutions:
- Creating scalable, self-reliant economies through tech-powered farming.
Our winners and their organizations are changing the world. And we’re here to champion them every step of the way.
“We’re thrilled to highlight such a radically diverse group of winners this year, all working on a wide-range of important issues around the world. We look forward to helping grow their audience and impact, ultimately making philanthropy and social change more accessible to all.”
— Carolina Garcia Jayaram, CEO, The Elevate Prize Foundation