The couple accepted an award together, after many years of individual award ceremonies, by the Elevate Prize Foundation. Their work with the Clooney Foundation for Justice was honored with The Elevate Prize Catalyst Award, for “social change.”Fox won this year’s Elevate Prize Catalyst Award, which the “Back to the Future” star plans to use to further his foundation’s work to find treatments for Parkinson’s disease.
The couple accepted an award together, after many years of individual award ceremonies, by the Elevate Prize Foundation. Their work with the Clooney Foundation for Justice was honored with The Elevate Prize Catalyst Award, for “social change.”
Carolina García Jayaram, CEO of the Elevate Prize Foundation, told The Associated Press that she is also set to return to the conference to announce the nonprofit’s next winner of The Elevate Prize Catalyst Award
As we celebrate Pride month and Juneteenth there are so many initiatives and events worth highlighting! See the full list of shoutouts below!
- The stars were out to support LGBTQIA+ homeless youth, celebrating Ali Forney’s annual Place at the Table Gala – so much so that it was even covered in Vogue!
- Check out the new June releases on OTV, an innovative platform for intersectional storytelling from Elevate Prize winner Elijah Mackinnon.
- The Refugee Protection System is Racist and Colonial. Read this think piece by Elevate Prize winner Sana Mustafa detailing her experience of being the only CEO in the asylum/refugee nonprofit space with lived experience as a brown, Arab, and queer woman.
- 2020 Elevate Prize Winner Koketso Moeti has been selected as an inaugural Keseb Democracy Fellow!
- Congratulations to Nancy A. Parker and Felicia Thomas, who have just been officially announced as Elevate Prize winner Detroit Justice Center’s new Co-Executive Directors.
- Catch up with our 2023 Catalyst Award winner, Lizzo! Lizzo has committed her entire prize to her 4th annual Juneteenth giveback, which helped grassroots Black organizations.
- 2021 winner Uzoma Orchingwa’s organization Ameelio was named one of Time100’s Most Influential Companies of 2023.
- Check out this interview with Elevate Prize winner Tony Weaver, where he discusses how Weird Enough Productions is reaching Black youth, especially those experiencing mental health issues.
- The 13th Amendment still allows slavery as punishment for a crime. That must end. Senator Jeff Merkley, Cory Booker and Representative Nikema Williams have reintroduced the Abolition Amendment in Congress to #EndTheException – encourage your Congress Member to sponsor it today. Visit endtheexception.com to take action, and learn more at Worth Rises.
- Learn more about the role that transgender women of color played at Stonewall.
- Celebrate Juneteenth with the kids in your life with this resource from the National Museum of African American History and Culture’s Early Childhood Education Initiative Team.
- For the first time, CNN Heroes collaborated with the Elevate Prize Foundation to provide the Top 10 CNN Heroes with this training, which took place during our Make Good Famous Summit last month. Read more at CNN or watch this amazing video highlighting our time together!
Learn more about the amazing work of 2021 CNN Hero Shirley Raines and her organization Beauty 2 the Streetz. Shirley helps those without a home by administering a little “spiritual C.P.R.”
Her charitable initiative, Lizzo’s Juneteenth Giveback offered $50,00 to the Marsha P. Johnson Institute (MPJI), an organization dedicated to protecting and defending the human rights of BLACK transgender people.
Miami, FloridaCNN — “It’s literally like winning the Academy Award of humanitarian aid work.”
That’s how Mobile Medics International founder Teresa Gray described being honored on the CNN Heroes stage in December.
Top 10 CNN Heroes from 2021 and 2022 gathered at the Elevate Prize Foundation’s Make Good Famous Summit in Miami for nonprofit and leadership training.
Lizzo honored for social justice work with Elevate Prize Catalyst Award